There are so many great things to do in Nashville, but one of our favorite things to do is visit local honky-tonks. There are a wide variety of honky-tonks in Nashville – and by now, you might already be asking yourself what, exactly, IS a honky-tonk? They can best be described as a party – but really, a honky-tonk is simply a venue with live music and deliciously cold drinks (usually of the adult variety). The best of them are concentrated in downtown Nashville on Broadway, which just so happens to be a short drive (or taxi ride) away from our Inn.
Next time you want to visit the best honky-tonks in Nashville, make sure you have a soft place to land at the end of the night. There’s nowhere quite as special as our Bed and Breakfast in Nashville, situated in a historic Antebellum-style mansion. Staying here truly is getting the best of both worlds – access to the raucous fun of downtown Nashville and a quiet escape near the heart of all the fun! If you’re ready for the adventure of a lifetime, now is the perfect time to book a trip to our Bed and Breakfast in Nashville.
10 of the Best Honky-Tonks in Nashville
There are plenty of ways to spend your evenings in downtown Nashville – and luckily, it’s all just a few minutes from our incredible Bed and Breakfast in Nashville. However, no trip would be complete without visiting at least one or two of these amazing honky-tonks in Nashville. The top honky-tonks in Nashville are located along the Honky Tonk Highway, which is located on lower Broadway.
The honky-tonks can be found pumping their music out into the streets from 10 am – 3 am, and there’s no cover charge to enter any of them. While you may not know most of the musicians that frequent these establishments, we can promise you’ll be treated to some of the best music in Nashville. And, sometimes, well-known music legends do make an appearance. Many of them, including Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Gretchen Wilson, and Dierks Bentley, all got their start on the extraordinary honky-tonks in Nashville.
Here are 5 honky-tonks in Nashville you shouldn’t miss:
- At AJ’s Good Time Bar, you can expect to have, well, a good time! This catchy spot has been rated as the #1 honky-tonk in Nashville and offers three stories of fun, including a sports bar, a karaoke bar, and a rooftop bar – all of which come with plenty of fantastic live music. The legendary Alan Jackson owns it, so we’d expect nothing less from his establishment!
- Famous Nashville is a multi-level honky-tonk that offers breathtaking views from one of the tallest rooftops in Nashville.
- Another iconic honky-tonk in Nashville is Tootsies Orchid Lounge – you can expect a rowdier crowd here, but it’s always fun, and there are exceptional views from the rooftop bar.
- Admire the collection of western boots that line the wall at Robert’s Western World while enjoying the country music that plays from open to close. This building once housed a steel guitar manufacturer and a boot and apparel store, so there’s plenty of history here, aside from the music.
- If you’re a fan of Luke Bryan, don’t miss your chance to visit his venue, Luke’s 32 Bridge. The place is massive, at 30,000 square feet, with several bars, including one of the largest rooftop patios on Broadway, a restaurant, and multiple stages. It’s a true feast for the senses!
- Three stories of space – and a different band on each floor – is just one of the amazing things awaiting you at Honky-Tonk Central. This is one of the most popular honky-tonks in Nashville and offers incredible views of lower Broadway.
- Take a look at all of the country music memorabilia at Nudie’s Honky-Tonk – and don’t miss your chance to sidle up to the longest bar in Nashville, either.
- Your best bet for catching a famous act at the honky-tonks in Nashville is probably at The Stage. Top country music stars Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert, and more have all appeared here over the years.
- You may find a line at Legend’s Corner, but it’s certainly worth the wait!
- Ole Red, owned by country music star Blake Shelton, is another giant honky-tonk. Their rooftop bar, though, offers some of the best views of downtown Nashville – and of course, the drinks, the food, and the music here are all top-notch.
The Best Lodging Near Downtown Nashville
You’re bound to be tired after dancing your way through the honky-tonks in Nashville – but that’s ok! When you’re done, just come back to the luxurious accommodations at our Bed and Breakfast in Nashville, and sink into the opulent comfort of our amazing guest rooms. Each one of our suites is outfitted with luxurious linens and comfortable beds, stunning bathrooms, and other high-end amenities. We also offer many welcoming commons areas for you to enjoy, in addition to a delicious breakfast every morning of your stay.
While you’re here, you’ll be surrounded by centuries-old history that has been thoughtfully preserved – and it’s all just minutes from the excitement of downtown Nashville! Are you ready for some fun? Book your getaway at our Bed and Breakfast in Nashville today!